Friday, May 4, 2012

Here I Go Again...

I started this blog in the summer of 2009. I wrote for a while, then I stopped. I wrote again the next summer. Then, I stopped. I totally skipped the summer of 2011 and didn't write even once. Now, summer 2012 is fast approaching and here I am, attempting to do something that I've failed miserably at every time I've tried...

I've heard that the definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over and expecting different results. I'll let you draw your own conclusions about my mental state.

Can I guarantee that I will write faithfully past this summer? Absolutely not. Can I guarantee that I will write faithfully throughout this summer? Nope. Can I guarantee that if I do write that it will be often? Not so much.

I did, however, decide to re-design and start over in hopes that every now and then I could and would put pen to paper or rather, fingers to keys, and write down a few of my thoughts. I find writing to be cathartic and fun and given that I am now finished with graduate school and I am not writing several papers at one time, I actually miss writing. Also, there's some joy that comes in knowing that if and when I do write my thoughts down in this little corner of the internet that I've carved out for myself, while you may judge me or form opinions about me...you will not be giving me a grade. Writing for a grade is totally different than simply writing to get my thoughts out. Thus, I should also say...don't expect graduate-level thoughts all of the time or even most of the time.

Most days, I'm not actually that deep. I'm trying to figure life out just like everyone else and every now and then, I may just come here to share the little I've learned so far along this journey or maybe I'll come just to talk about the journey itself and what I'm trying to learn. I'm not going to put too many limitations on it, what comes out, when it comes out will be what you will find here. I imagine at times, I may even be surprised by what finds its way here. :)